Why Outdoor Kitchens Are Game Changers
The Perfect Way to Spice Up Every Summer
Picture this: You’re drinking a tall glass of freshly made lemonade while the grill is heating up. The kids are playing in the backyard and the rest of your family trickles outside to see what’s cooking. The breeze picks up and there’s not a cloud in the sky. Life is good!
You can have this with just a grill. But with an outdoor kitchen, you can have so much more. Instead of your family flocking to the grill, they can start making drinks at the bar, use the counter space to help you prep or lounge on the patio. (That is, if you’re generous and don’t put them to work!) There’s no bouncing back and forth between the indoor kitchen and the outdoor patio. Everything and everyone you need is right there with you.
Outdoor kitchens are game changers when it comes to entertainment and enjoyment. At Castle Point, we’ve spent years installing outdoor kitchens in NJ. If you’re passionate about food and find peace in the outdoors, an outdoor kitchen can be one of the best investments you’ll ever make.
An Indulgence That’s Worth Every Penny
It’s not summer until you treat yourself to that ice cream cone, calories and all. Though outdoor kitchens are another type of indulgence, they’re a beauty to behold. Here are some of the many ways an outdoor kitchen can increase your home’s value and make your nice backyard irresistible:
- Cooking becomes a breeze. It’s one thing to cook the food. But having to constantly run in and out to the refrigerator is a job in itself. You might get your steps in for the day, but you’ll also be exhausted by the time you’re ready to eat. With an outdoor refrigerator, you can bring your food out back and unpack everything right from the food store. By the time the grill is heating up, everything will already be within arm’s reach.
- The return on investment is real. According to Zillow, homes with outdoor kitchens sell for nearly 30 percent more than expected. Millennials currently make up the highest percentage of home buyers, and we can tell you that millennials love their outdoor spaces. Pools are becoming less and less of a selling point and are being replaced by hardscapes, such as outdoor patios and kitchens.
- Bringing taste to the outdoors. We’re talking about more than steaks. Outdoor kitchens are a wonderful way to express your unique style and taste. Whether the inside of your home is rustic, modern, industrial or traditional, you can bring the trend outdoors. It’s another chance to stylize your home and truly make it your own.
- Save on your cooling bills. This is a benefit most people don’t think about. Using the oven in the summer inevitably cranks up the cooling bill—unless you bring the party outdoors and use your outdoor oven. No more sweating in your sauna of a kitchen. You can use the outdoor oven to your heart’s content and simultaneously lower your utility bills.
- A natural way to save money and eat healthier. We all love going out to eat. But let’s face it. It’s expensive. We’ve all seen the increase in prices lately. With a beautiful outdoor kitchen, you’ll be more inclined to cook at home and save money in the process. Grilling is also a healthier way to cook because fat drips from the food as it cooks. This is in stark contrast to the salt- and butter-heavy cooking methods commonly found in restaurants.
- Soothing for the mind and soul. Spending time outside is a natural remedy. The peace that comes with being in the sunshine, hearing the birds chirp and feeling the breeze is something you can’t replicate indoors. As you consider whether an outdoor kitchen is worth the investment, keep in mind the mental health benefits a feature like this can offer.
Get Cookin’ With Castle Point!
Experience is everything when it comes to installing outdoor kitchens. You want to make sure the contractor is well-versed in design, material choice, brand and durability. At Castle Point, we know everything there is to know about outdoor kitchens. We are designers and installers in one and overlook nothing to make our clients’ dreams stunning realities. We take the time to understand your vision down to the very last detail. Our team of experts can incorporate a wide range of features into your outdoor kitchen, including:
- Storage space
- Sinks and faucets
- Pizza ovens
Let’s get started in creating your outdoor paradise! To learn more about our outdoor kitchens and other types of hardscape services in NJ, please contact us online or call Castle Point Landscape Design at 908.512.2267 today.